This page describes how the data I collect from you is used, and how you can control that use, if you wish.
Who I am
My full, legal name is Tracy Cooper-Posey, and I am the author of the books sold on this site. I write and/or edit the content of the pages and posts you find here.
I am the controller of the personal data you provide to me.
I only collect basic personal data about you, that you supply . All the data is collected—that is, the data is provided by you through:
- filling in of forms on this site, or
- selection options in emails sent to you by me, or
- clicking on links in emails sent to you by me (but not web pages).
Any hard data I store has been given to me by you through one of the processes, above. You will always know what data I have stored with your profile.
- No data I obtain is surmised by tracking you.
- Nor is any data I obtain generated by algorithms.
I do not collect “sensitive” data, which can include data about race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, political affiliations, etc.
My site is fully secured, with SSL certificates kept up to date.
Why I need your data
In general, my intention is to provide you with relevant, customized information about my stories and books, and deals, discounts and opportunities related to them. The more data points I collect, the more relevant the information becomes for you, giving you a better experience and eliminating repetitions and time wasting information.
I don’t collect any more data than I need to provide this experience, and you are free at any time to inspect, correct or delete that data.
What I do collect is used in this way:
- The most basic data (name, email) allows me to send you weekly newsletter updates about me, my stories and new releases, etc.
- Data I collect about your story preferences, and what links you have clicked on allows me to make suggestions to you about other books and stories you might be interested in
- Your preferences and previous behaviour data also allows me to not send repeat emails and information.
- Your financial data is only collected if you purchase a book directly from me. If you buy a book from another bookseller, I do not have access to that information.
- I do not track your movements beyond my site.
- Third party applications such as Google Analytics will keep anonymous data on what pages you visit and links you click on, but no personal information is stored with that data.
Who I share your data with.
- Every quarter, I download a backup copy of subscribers, which remains on a secondary hard drive, until a later copy replaces it.
- I do not share, rent or sell your data to any other second or third parties.
How long I keep your data.
- Financial information is kept by Selz and/or PayPal in accordance with the laws and regulations they must follow. See their privacy policies for more information.
- Data and preference information is kept by MailerLite forever. Even after unsubscribing, your data is kept in order to maintain your preferences if you re-subscribe at a later date. There are options to have your data permanently removed. See “How You Can Control Your Data”, below.
- Backup copies of subscribers is replaced every quarter by the newest copy.
How you can control your data.
Your personal data and story preference data
- You can request to see what persona data and your story preferences is being stored in your profile at any time. Contact me at Tracy@TracyCooperPosey.com and request a copy of your profile on MailerLite. This will be completed within 48 hours.
- You can also correct the information I have stored under your profile, if you wish. Contact me at Tracy@TracyCooperPosey.com and explain what changes you want made to your profile on MailerLite. This will be completed within 48 hours.
- Unsubscribing from my email list will not delete your data permanent (it is stored for later, if you choose to re-subscribe). However, you can request that your data be deleted permanently. Mailerlite provide functions that will strip and delete any subscriber’s profile upon request. Contact me at Tracy@TracyCooperPosey.com and request your profile on MailerLite be deleted. This will be completed within 48 hours.
- You can also control your story preferences by clicking on appropriate links in the emails I send you. Every newsletter has a list of preferences at the bottom, which you can click as you wish. Also, marketing emails I send you from time to time will give you the opportunity to select or opt out of activities.
- Note that, generally, weekly emails are sent to everyone, regardless of their preferences.
- Marketing emails sent from time to time will be customized to your preferences.
Your financial information
Selz, who process your financial information on my behalf, have provided facilities for the inspection and deletion of your personal data. If you wish to see or remove your financial data, please contact me at Tracy@TracyCooperPosey.com and request a copy or the removal of your profile on Selz.
Please note: Some tokenized financial information will be retained for at least seven years after the transaction date, even after your profile is deleted, as this is a legal requirement.
If you have any questions or concerns at all about the use and storage of your data, please contact me at Tracy@TracyCooperPosey.com.
If you are not satisfied with my response or believe I am not processing your personal data in accordance with the law you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/.
My site includes links to other websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you.
I do not control these third-party websites and I am not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave my site, I encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit. I have provided links to the privacy policies of sites I have direct relationships with.
Updates to this policy.
It is likely that this policy will be updated from time to time. Major changes will be made public via my newsletter and posts on this site.
Smaller changes and tweaks will be incorporated without notice. Please return frequently to check on updates to this page.
Your continued use of my site implies that you agreement with the most current version of this policy page.
Tuesday, May 22, 2018