Top Posts, Favourite Books, Most Popular Reader Locations of 2012
Despite the blog playing dead for part of the year, it has been an interesting year, statistics-wise.
I had just shy of 25,000 visitors over the year, with a total of just under 90,000 page views.
The site is hovering around the 300,000 mark on Alexa, which isn’t too shabby at all for a fiction writer with a day job and a life, too, and that is despite the web-host yanking my privileges once this year. (I’m getting better at managing bandwidth, but those spikes just kill me, still….)
So, what were you all interested in this year? And more importantly, where is everyone surfing in from?
It’s fascinating from my side of the blog, too.
Check this out:
Top Twenty Articles for 2012
If you are a regular here and confess surprise about any of these, you’re faking it. :)
1. MM and MMF – Let’s Try Again. Why Do Women LIke Men Who Like Men?
2. The Perils of Writing Erotic Romance
3. Recommended MMF Romance Titles
4. What Is Urban Fantasy Anyway?
5. The MMF Thing…How to Get It
6. The Difficulties of Writing Really Old Erotic Historical Romances
7. Finding the Best E-Publisher
8. The Ten Best Romantic Moments in Film History
9. Really Smart Heroes – Brains Over Brawn Is Better
10. How To Start Thinking Sexy
11. How To Break Into The Erotic Romance Market in 8 Not So Easy Steps
12. How To Start Looking More Sexy – Body Appearance.
13. Convention Survival Kit
14. The Effects of immortality on the Psyche
15. Romantic Conflict
16. Will Vampires Never Die?
17. How To Find The Energy to Get Out Of Bed In The Morning
18. What Exactly Is Urban Fantasy and How Does It Fit The Romance Landscape?
19. Bloody Pirates!
20. Ley Lines – Lines of Power Around The World
The Most Looked At Books in 2012
1.. Blood Stone
2. Bannockburn Binding
3. Beth’s Acceptance (Surprise!)
4. Byzantine Heartbreak
5. Blood Knot (My best seller is #5 on the most-looked at…)
6. Lucifer’s Lover (Not even close to being one of my best sellers :) )
7. Beauty’s Beasts
8. An Inconvenient Lover
9. Delly’s Last Night
The Top Posts in 2012
1. Do Women Like MMF?
2. Ease Yourself Into MMF Romances – Part I
3. Lingerie – Make Your Own
4. It’s Just A Job – Wood Elves
5. Ease Yourself Into MMF Romances – Part IV
6. Really Cool Historical Vacation Spots – Constantinople
7. Ease Yourself Into MMF Romances – Part II
8. About The Industry – All Romance eBooks Trend Analysis for 2011
9. Blood Knot is Free At Amazon – Next Three Days Only
10. Erotic Romance on TV and Film…It’s A Trade Off.
And Where Do You Come From?
The top 25 countries where visitors to my blog are located
1. United States
3. United Kingdom
5. (not set)
18. New Zealand
21. United Arab Emirates
22. South Africa
And the Top 10 Cities
- New York
- New Delhi
- San Antonio
What a diverse bunch you are! I just love the Internet….